Talk about bucket list experiences! Visit Aphrodite at Aphrodisias in Turkey and check another UNESCO site off your bucket list.
Visit Aphrodite at Aphrodisias in Turkey
If you would ask us to describe Aphrodisias in Turkey with only one word, we’d have to pick amazing. Aphrodisias is indeed amazing for a large number of reasons. Here are five reasons why Aphrodisias is amazing and why you need to visit it:
- Aphrodisias isn’t overrun by tourists yet. Though visitor numbers are growing, with almost 50.000 people visiting last year, it is still possible to walk around the site in relative quietness. You may encounter a group from time to time, but nothing compared to the crowds at Ephesus, especially if you visit Aphrodisias out of season, as we did.
- Aphrodisias is named after Aphrodite, the goddess of love. Now, how amazing is that!
- Aphrodisias had a famous sculpture school. Admire the fabulous work of the artists on site.
- Aphrodisias is one of the best-preserved ancient cities in Anatolia. While it may be world-famous for its Tetrapylon, there is so much more to discover.
- Aphrodisias has a 262m long stadium that will make your jaw drop. It is relatively intact and utterly spectacular.
Click below to save this place to your bucket listSave
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Click to save to your bucket list